Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Beware of the puppy scam!

I understand that this has absolutely nothing to do with photography...
I have just been searching for a puppy for a while now and have learned quite a few things that I wanted to share. Hopefully this post will show up on google when individuals search for certain things. Just today, I ended conversation with a puppy scammer.

drbenjaminmadison@yahoo.com

That's the email address that homepuppies1@aol.com led me to.

Obviously, they're in cahoots with one another...

The "Dr." said that the puppy was ready to be shipped from vetpet-relocation.com which also seems to be a bit fishy.

Now that I've ranted about that, here are a few more tips I've picked up along the way:
1. If they don't offer you a REAL phone number where they can be contacted, stop the deal.
2. If they're overseas, or say they got a "new job" and had to move overseas...they pup is probably fake!
3. Western Union is fishy. Avoid it at all costs.
4. Request lots and lots of information. :] (That's how I caught this last person in their scamming act.) I requested a picture of the puppy...and the picture had to include a piece of paper with my name on it. Pretty smart, huh? :] Needless to say, I never got the picture.

I will now list a few other email addresses that I have been in contact with about fake puppies...
sanderslu37@gmail.com
leanevert@yahoo.com
lauraholmess@yahoo.com
suzidemma@yahoo.com
terwing2010@gmail.com

This is just my experience with finding a puppy. I am fed up with it. People need to know. Just sayin'

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I hope all buyers of puppies do a little background check (Googling an email address is the first step) before they make a purchase. All of your points are right on.

    I'm currently working with someone who just got scammed by Dr. Benjamin. There are so many clues in his correspondence that tip-off the fact that he is a scammer! But, you wouldn't necessarily know if you hadn't purchased a puppy online before.

    Thanks for trying to keep people informed.

    By the way, if you're still looking for a bulldog puppy, I have an awesome one ready to go to his forever home. You can learn more about him - and me - at fogcitybulldogs.com. Also, I'm a photographer too! My photo website (still "under construction") is fogcityfoto.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FRAUD.....SCAM....I agree beware of email suzidemma@yahoo.com. When I searched this email this person has ads all over the United States for various animals. I think each ad should be reported as a fraud or scam but this person will just change the email address and move on once discovered. The saying If it seems too good to be true should be taken seriously with this person.

    ReplyDelete